The Church of St Mary ans St Martin, Kirton, Suffolk, dates back to the 14h century. The honey-coloured tower postdates the rest of the building, having been erected about 1520, and incorporates blocks of septaria from the nearby beaches. The interior features white walls, and modern glass and hangings. There is also a 19th century north aisle, a Norman font, a particularly simple chancel, and an usual example of the royal arms of Elizabeth II.
Copyright Notice: All photographs, images, concepts, designs, text and other materials herein are the copyright of the Open Photographic Society (OPS) or the relevant named photographer, organization or copyright owner, and may not be used, stored, reproduced or distributed in any way without the express written permission of the Society or the relevant copyright owner. Please direct all relevant enquiries to The Society. All rights reserved.