The following distinctions and qualifications are accepted by the Society (OPS) as equivalents of its Associateship (AOPS) when applying for a Fellowship (FOPS):
- Associate of the British Institute of Professional Photographers (ABIPP);
- Associate of the Royal Photographic Society (ARPS);
- Associate of the Photographic Society of New Zealand (APSNZ);
- Associate of the Australian Photographic Society (AAPS);
- Associate of the Master Photographers Association (AMPA);
- BA or MA degree in Photography (From a UK university only).
Candidates who have been awarded one of the above distinctions or qualifications, or a higher-level distinction (such as FBIPP, FRPS etc) may apply directly for a Fellowship (FOPS) distinction by exemption, and without first being awarded the Society's Associateship (AOPS). In such circumstances, evidence of the existing recognized distinction or qualification must be attached to a candidate's Distinction Application Form (ie a scanned copy of the relevant certificate). Note that none of the above distinctions or qualifications automatically qualifies a candidate for the award of the Society's Associateship (AOPS) distinction. Note also that the Society reserves the right to check the details of certificates submitted as evidence with the issuing organizations and institutions.
Other comparable distinctions may be acceptable to the Society. Please contact our Distinctions Office with any relevant queries.