Go to top
- All submitted images (including monochrome submissions) must be in 8-bit RGB mode, and in the sRGB colour space.
- The larger dimension of each image must be 1,600 pixels - eg 1,600 x 1,067 pixels, 1,600 x 800 pixels, or 1,600 x 1,600 pixels for square images. The pixels per inch (ppi) setting for files is unimportant.
- Files must be saved as the highest-quality JPEGs (quality 12). No allowance is made for compression artifacts. A typical file size is normally in the range of 2-3 MB.
- The file names must be sequential two digit numbers, starting at 01, followed by the extent (.jpg) - ie : 01.jpg, 02.jpg, 03.jpg etc.. so that the files sort in the relevant order. The applicant’s family name may also be included – eg johnson_01.jpg etc. Where a panel layout image is submitted, the image file should be of a similar size and format and the panel images should be numbered sequentially, row by row, from top left to bottom right. File names should be as for a sequential submission. The panel layout image should be named "panel_layout.jpg" and may feature any appropriate aspect ratio.
- CDs and DVDs may be used when other options are not available but are not the preferred method of submitting images. When a CD or DVD is used, all the image files must be placed in a single folder named using the applicant's surname, given name and initial separated by single underscore characters (_) - ie an applicant Natasha C Evans would use a folder name "Evans_Natasha_C". Video, slideshows and zipped files are not accepted.
- No other files or folders should appear on the CD/DVD, and the disk should be clearly labelled with the applicant's name and contact details (preferably an email address). Rewritable CDs and DVDs should not be submitted.
- The address to which CD/DVDs should be mailed may be obtained by emailing the Distinctions Office.
- Information regarding the uploading of image files may be found in Uploading Image Files.